DJI INSPIRE 3
MASTER THE UNSEEN
At the peak of aerial cinematography, DJI Inspire 3 offers unprecedented workflow efficiency, camera language, and creative freedom. This all-in-one 8K camera drone empowers professional-level filmmakers to fully maximize the potential of any shot and master the unseen.
The Definition of Power and Performance
Sleek, Integrated Design
- Inspire 3 is a professional camera drone that adopts a fluid new design that takes aerodynamics fully into consideration to reduce air resistance.
- The max dive speed has increased from the 9 m/s of Inspire 2 to 10 m/s, while vertical ascend/descend speed has increased from 6 m/s and 4 m/s to 8 m/s.
- Powerful maneuverability delivers responsive, accurate control and an extended flight time of up to 28 minutes.
- The FPV camera, visual sensors, positioning antennas, and storage card slot all adopt designs that are seamlessly integrated into the airframe for a minimalist look and modern industrial aesthetics.
- Inheriting the classic transformable configuration of the Inspire series, Inspire 3 uses an all-new design that supports 360° Pan and Tilt Boost structures. When the landing gear is lowered, the gimbal supports obstruction-free 80° upward-angle shooting, enabling cinematographers to capture strikingly innovative shots.
From the outer design to the internal structure, every detail of Inspire 3 was carefully considered and optimized.
Spacial Intelligence Beyond Boundaries
High-Mobility Precision Flight System
- Inspire 3 integrates high-precision RTK positioning technology used in industries such as architecture and surveying to deliver centimeter-level accuracy. Compared with traditional meter-level positioning supported by Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS), RTK not only makes flying more stable, but also makes flight-route planning more accurate, significantly improving creative efficiency.
- RTK antennas have been built into the airframe with a new stacked ceramic design, which enables three types of GNSS (GPS, BeiDou, and Galileo) and delivers dual-frequency positioning down to the centimeter level. By activating an RTK network or setting up a D-RTK 2 Mobile Station,  users can achieve highly accurate positioning without mounting any additional modules.
Both the front and the rear of Inspire 3 have a built-in stacked ceramic antenna, providing powerful anti-magnetic-interference capability to further improve flight accuracy and safety.
Specially designed for aerial cinematography, Waypoint Pro enables flight-route and shot planning with a wide range of customized settings. With the new Repeatable Routes and 3D Dolly modes, an innovative automated shooting experience can be easily achieved. In addition, RTK centimeter-level positioning ensures more accurate flight-route planning and execution. Whether solo shooting or in a professional crew, use Waypoint Pro to master even highly-complex scenes.
Using Repeatable Routes, the aircraft will automatically fly on the same route and maintain all preset parameters such as altitude, speed, gimbal angle, and camera settings. Repeating the same flight mission allows cinematographers to effortlessly perform difficult one-takes, or to fly at different times in the same place to easily create long-duration timelapses that capture transitions such as day to night or season to season.
- 3D Dolly can simulate a crane, cablecam, or dolly on film sets while going far beyond the limitations of those devices.
- After planning a flight route, the cinematographer can manually control the aircraft to move along the route back and forth while adjusting parameters such as speed, gimbal angle, and more according to the needs of the shot. This makes complicated cinema-grade camera movements easier and more efficient and can deliver improved visual effects.
- Upgraded from Inspire 2, Spotlight Pro further enables solo creators with more shot possibilities. Based on powerful machine-learning algorithms, Inspire 3 supports automated subject recognition and locking for people, vehicles, and boats with greater accuracy than its predecessor.
- When using Spotlight Pro's Follow mode, the aircraft and gimbal camera orient toward the same direction and remain locked on the subject so that the pilot can get circling shots without manual framing adjustments.
- In Free mode, thanks to the 360° gimbal pan of Inspire 3, the gimbal camera can stay locked on a subject, while a solo pilot uses the FPV camera to check their surroundings and control the flight route more responsively to achieve complex camera movements more easily.
Omnidirectional Sensing System
- Inspire 3 is equipped with nine sensors, which enable a robust omnidirectional sensing system that can detect obstacles in all directions and provide comprehensive protection for flying.
- For the first time, a fisheye camera has been added to each of the four landing arms. This design helps to avoid obstruction from the airframe when the landing gear is raised and allows for horizontal obstacle sensing when the landing gear is lowered.
Customizable Obstacle Sensing
- In addition, Inspire 3 features a new customizable function to help ensure greater flight safety and more creative freedom. Horizontal, upward, and downward obstacle sensing can be enabled or disabled independently, and an obstacle alert range can be manually set to suit different scenarios.
- When active avoidance is turned off, users can still view the distance from an obstacle on the navigation display in real-time and receive an audio alert when an obstacle is within a set range without the aircraft performing an automatic avoidance movement. This brings new possibilities to professional aerial teams that want to achieve more complex camera language.
Ultra-Wide Night-Vision FPV Camera
Inspire 3 is equipped with a new 1/1.8-inch-sensor FPV camera with a 3μm pixel size, an ultra-wide DFOV of 161°, and the ability to transmit live feeds at up to 1080p/60fps. Compared to its predecessor, the DFOV is approximately doubled. This FPV camera delivers more impressive light-sensing capability, allowing pilots to observe their surroundings vividly and clearly, even at night, and ensure greater levels of flight safety.
A Stunning New Aerial Perspective
Full-Frame 8K Imaging System
Tailormade 8K Sensor
- DJI’s lightest-ever full-frame three-axis gimbal camera, the X9-8K Air, is custom-built for Inspire 3 to take drone cinematography to the next level. It features DJI’s latest image processing system, CineCore 3.0, supporting internal recording of up to 8K/25fps CinemaDNG video as well as 8K/75fps Apple ProRes RAW video, meeting the needs of top-class film and television productions.
- 8K means ultra-high-resolution aerial footage that retains true-to-life texture close to what the human eye sees, with clarity that stuns audiences when displayed on larger screens. RAW brings X9-8K Air's sensor fully into play, providing abundant space for visual effects and color grading.
- In S&Q mode, X9-8K Air supports internal recording of up to full-frame 4K/120fps ProRes RAW video without cropping, providing more creative editing options.
Dual Native ISO
- X9-8K Air supports dual native ISO. At full-frame 30fps and below, it offers EI 800/4000, supporting the 24fps commonly seen in film productions and the 25fps used in commercial and television productions. At above 30fps, EI 320/1600 is available.
- This allows X9-8K Air to record images with exquisite details and minimal noise, even low-light cityscapes or beaches, putting it on par with professional ground-based cinema cameras.
14+ Stops of Dynamic Range
X9-8K Air covers 14+ stops of dynamic range, which captures rich highlight and shadow details in complex lighting scenarios like sunrises and sunsets. High dynamic range brings more possibilities for post-editing, retaining genuine colors even after significant exposure adjustments.
DL Mount Lenses
Inheriting DJI’s proprietary DL mount, X9-8K Air is compatible with an additional 18 mm F2.8 full-frame ultra-wide lens and a new telephoto lens (will be released at a later date) on top of the previous full-frame lens selections of DL 24/35/50 mm F2.8. All five lenses are custom-made for aerial cinematography. The housings are made of lightweight, monocoque carbon fiber, so the lightest lens weighs just 178 g, meeting Inspire 3's requirement for ultra-high maneuverability.
DJI Cinema Color System (DCCS)
Building on DJI's mature color science and technology, the DJI Cinema Color System allows the X9-8K Air to retain authentic colors that redefine the look of aerial cinematography. This applies to natural settings and urban landscapes, and also accurately captures skin tones in different environments and lighting conditions. DCCS ensures effortless color matching between X9-8K Air and ground-based cinema cameras such as DJI Ronin 4D, delivering consistent color style from air to ground to meet the needs of film-production post-editing workflows.
Multi-Camera Timecode Sync
Through the 3.5mm port on the aircraft, you can sync timecode between equipment in the air and on the ground. When dealing with abundant footage from multiple cameras, timecode sync makes the editing process significantly more simplified and efficient.